March 31, 2011 10:00 AM | Eric Caoili
OneBigGame unveiled the final line-up of contributing composers for its upcoming charity music release OneBigAlbum, including Grammy-award winning artist Christopher Tin (Civilization IV) and rhythm game pioneer Masaya Matsuura (Parappa the Rapper).
Working with Game Music Initiative, a group dedicated to promoting the art of video game music composing, non-profit publisher OneBigGame (Chime, WINtA) has gathered 17 award-winning composers to create new and original tracks for the charity album.
OneBigGame plans to send a minimum of 40 percent of net proceeds from the collaboration album's sales to its charity partners, Save the Children and Starlight Children's Foundation, which both seek to "help vulnerable children across the world".
The complete list of participating composers and their credits follows:
- Michiel van den Bos (Unreal, Deus Ex, Overlord)
- Allister Brimble (Alien Breed, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Hydroventure/Fluidity)
- Marc Canham (Far Cry 2, Driver II-IV, Split Second)
- Andrew Curnock (Escape Vektor, Pop, Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Jason Graves (Dead Space series, Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Twilight, Prey 2)
- James Hannigan (Harry Potter series, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Evil Genius)
- Akari Kaida (Breath of Fire III, Megaman BN series, Onimusha 3: Demon Siege)
- Frank Klepacki (Command & Conquer series, Blade Runner, Universe at War)
- Masaya Matsuura (Parappa the Rapper, Vib-Ribbon, WINtA)
- Peter McConnell (Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Brütal Legend)
- Mike Reagan (God of War I-III, Darksiders, Spider-Man 2)
- Chris Rickwood (Age of Empires Online, Global Agenda, Ghostbusters: The Videogame)
- Bart Roijmans (Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, Aliens in the Attic, Dragonhunters)
- Cris Velasco (God of War I-III, Prototype, Clive Barker’s Jericho)
- Christopher Tin (Civilization IV, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Cars Online)
- Jonathan vd Wijngaarden (Adam's Venture, Fairytale Fights, Sims Medieval)
Veteran recording artist Tom Pearce of Practical Music, who has had over 30 years of experience recording, mixing, and producing with famous acts like Eric Clapton and John Lennon, will handle OneBigAlbum's final mastering.
"The idea for the OneBigAlbum instantly met with tremendous enthusiasm from video game musicians all over the globe and we were thrilled to see so many of them contributing with a track for OneBigAlbum," says Game Music Initiative founder Ruud van de Moosdijk.
He continues, "We think we have a very strong and diverse line-up for our album and one which fans of games and game music the world over can really look forward to." OneBigGame and Game Music Initiative will announce a release date and pricing for the album at a later date.